Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
The Annapurna Sanctuary trekking route to Annapurna base camp with breathtaking Himalayan views starting from Annapurna foothill is a classic trail in the region. The trip takes 12 days to complete the journeys which known as short ABC trekking holiday too. Crossing the Gurung villages, rhododendron forests, various rivers and ultimately panoramic views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Range, this really does fill your heart with joy. Starting the trek from Kande (1,770m), other days we continue trek to Jhinu (1,780m), Bamboo (1,900m), Deurali (3,200m) and finally Annapurna base camp (4,130m.) It takes 5 walking days from Pokhara to get ABC (which is destination of the tip). Along the trail we can see the breathtaking mountain peaks like Mt. Machhapuchhre (6,993m), Annapurna I (8,091m), Annapurna II, Annapurna South, Himchuli, Baraha Shikhar, Singu Chuli, Gagapurna and Tent Peak. Annapurna Sanctuary (Annapurna conservation area) is one of the classic trekking trails and every trekker want to explore its beauty to make their lifetime experience.
From the Annapurna base camp, the 360-degree dramatic views are panoramic when the sun hits in the morning and sets in the evening, which really makes you feel you are walking towards “heaven of the Earth”. March, April & May in spring and September, October & November in autumn are the best seasons for hiking toward Annapurna Sanctuary. Hopefully, this trail will fulfill your adventure trekking dream in Annapurna region.
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ pick up from the airport, transfer to hotel, be refresh, meet your guide, trip preparation and overnight at hotel
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara (820m), drive to trailhead Kande (1770m) and trek to Pothana or Landruk (1565m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 03: Trek Pothana/Landruk to Jhinu (Hot Spring 1780m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 04: Trek Jhinu (Hot Spring) to Bamboo (1900m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 05: Trek Bamboo to Deurali (3200m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 06: Trek Deurali to ABC (4130m, 6-7 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 07: Trek ABC to Dovan (2500m, 6-7 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 08: Trek Dovan to Chhomrong (2170m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 09: Trek Chhomrong (2170m) to Ghandruk (1940m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 10: Trek Ghandruk (1940m) to Nayapul (1070m, 4-5 hrs) drive back to Pokhara and transfer to hotel. (Breakfast & Lunch will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 11: Next day drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 12: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Annapurna sanctuary trekking trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 12 days
Trek Duration: 9 days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 4130m Base Camp
Trekking Grade: General (soft route - moderate)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Kande and Nayapul
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to starting point and flight to Pokhara
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Domestic airfare, airport tax or overland bus fare for (Pokhara – Kathmandu) after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop