Gurkha culture trail
Gurkha culture trail trekking is newly introduced by Himalayan Mentor. This trekking trail is very easy and elevation is apprx. 1500m and is an excellent trekking package for people interested in traditional Nepalese culture of mid-Gurkha homeland and easy trek which is a comfortable trail that fit for all age group. There is no any risk for any natural climate disaster and good for photographic tour. The region offers an excellent and panoramic view of entire Annapurna range like Annpurna south, Annapurna II & III, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri Range and Manasalu.
The trekking trails gives you wonderful chances to visit Manakamana temple which lies at the hill top of 1302 m .The temple is famous and worshiped by millions of Hindu devotee as God who full filled their wishes. An exhilarating cable car ride about 15 minutes will reach the top passing the river and up two ridges. Along the trails we will take you to most ancient Historical place of Nepal before unification of Nepal. The Gorkha Durbar (Palace) of Shah Kings is a worth seeing with its ancient architecture which remains historical values till today. This is mid hill short hiking trip which known as easy camping trip among the trekkers.
Gorkha to Pokhara trekking trail have been neglected and remain unexplored till date. We hope the local people and tourist will equally benefit each other. Our main focus is to encourage village tourism to help the local people benefit maximum and in return tourist enjoy walking holiday in the easiest trails and spend enjoyable and peaceful holiday in Nepal’s mid-hill trekking area.
Gorkha to Pokhara trekking itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal. Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Drive to Kurintar 3:30 to 4 hrs stay at Riverside Spring Resort, afternoon explore around enjoy local cultural activities. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 03: After breakfast early morning transfer to trailhead Kurintar, Cable Car Station by Cable Car 15 minute ride reach at Manakamana Temple and trek up to Gorkha (1540m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at tented camp. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served Himalayan Mentor kitchen team)
Day 04: Trek Gorkha – Luitel Bhanjyang/overnight at tented camp. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served Himalayan Mentor kitchen team)
Day 05: Trek Luitel Bhanjyang to Kunchha/ overnight at tented camp. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served Himalayan Mentor kitchen team)
Day 06: Trek Kunchha to Deurali/ overnight at tented camp. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served Himalayan Mentor kitchen team)
Day 07: Trek Deurali to Begnas Lake/ overnight at hotel . (Breakfast & Lunch will be served Himalayan Mentor kitchen team)
Day 08: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu, 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show. (Kathmandu Hotel BB Basis)
Day 09: Transfer to airport for International departure
or if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Gurkha cultural trail trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 09 days
Trek Duration: 5 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region/ Pokhara Valley Rim
Maximum Altitude: 1800m
Trekking Grade: General (soft route)
Mode of Trek: Camping Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day served by Himalayan Mentor kitchen team & tented camp
Starting and Ending Point: Kurintar to Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 4-5 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Gurkha cultural experience and breathtaking views
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tented camp
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 1-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek and 1 night at Kurintar Resort.
- Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Pokhara – Kathmandu) after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop