A beautiful low altitude easy hiking to Siklish village in Annapurna will be wonderful holiday for you. This is an easy trekking which starts from Pokhara (Kalikasthan ) and ends at Pokhara (Begnas Lake). Siklish (known as Sikles / Siklesh too) is beautiful Gurung community village in Annapurna foothill. Beautiful scenery offer in this trip and equally rich cultural tradition will impress you more along the trail. Follow through rhododendron forest and beautiful Annapurna Himalayan range is most significant sights of the trip. You will cross small river (Khola), beautiful rice field (seasonal) , various villages of Gurung, Magar, and other communities along the trail. Ghale gaun is anothe popular village to visit in this trip.
This trip is an easy and suitable for all age people those who love to beautiful Himalayas and mid-hill region views. In the trekking days we will provide you tea house (lodge) accommodation and in the city you can stay at hotel.
Siklish trekking itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, transfer to hotel in Kathmandu. Depending on arrival time, may be opportunity to explore surrounding area. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu (BB Basis)
Day 02: Drive/Fly to Pokhara
After breakfast at hotel, drive to Pokhara which will take around 7-8 hours (optional, can take 30 minutes by STOL flight too). After arrived at Pokhara, transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara (BB Basis)
Day 03: Pokhara to Kalikasthan (1370m)
After breakfast at hotel, 30 minutes drive to Bijayapur Khola (Bijayapur army camp) takes you to the trek starting point. The route takes us through rice fields (seasonal) then ascends through Rakhigaon. The views around are Then the trail gently climbs along a ridge top through the Brahmin and Chhetri villages towards Kalikasthan. Overnight at teahouse (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 04: Kalikasthan to Lama Khet (1680m)
The route begins by passing through beautiful scenic villages and greenery to Mardi Khola. En route, you cross Bhaise, Nawaldanda to reach Lama Khet, a small village surrounded by lush green hills. Overnight at teahouse (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 05: Lama Khet to Siklish (1980m)
The trail remains flat along the riverbank until you reach Khilan Gaon. Then after, you follow a path which is gently uphill for some distance and then gradually gets steeper. The trail climbs again until we reach Siklish village. This is one of the oldest and largest Gurung community villages. Overnight at teahouse (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 06: Siklish to Neuli Kharka or Forest camp (2200m)
The route passes through rhododendron and oak forests on a gradual ascent before leveling out. Overnight at teahouse or community home (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 07: Neuli Kharka / Forest Camp to Ghale gaun (2000m)
Again the trail passes through forests of rhododendron before it descends steeply to reach to Ghale Gaun. It is a small village which is mainly inhabited by the Gurung and Magar communities. Overnight at teahouse or community home (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 08: Ghale gaun to Pokhara
The trail descends gently to Hemja (1070m), from Hemja we will drive to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara (BB Basis)
Day 09: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu, 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show. Overnight hotel in Kathmandu (BB Basis)
Day 10: Transfer to airport for International departure.
Rr if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
If the proposed trip itinerary doesn’t suit for you, you can make your own itinerary or we are flexible to customize it.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Siklish trekking trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 10 days
Trek Duration: 6 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region/ Pokhara Valley Rim
Maximum Altitude: 2200m Forest camp
Trekking Grade: General (soft route)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize or Camping
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay or if camping trek meal served by Himalayan Mentor kitchen team
Starting and Ending Point: Pokhara to Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 4-5 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and beautiful views and scenery from along the trail.
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge. Or Camping organize
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara if extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop