Classic Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Following the classic trail for Annapurna base camp offers magnificent views of massive Annapurna Range, beautiful landscape, different vegetations, rivers, flora and fauna which really creates the perfection of the trip. This trip allows you to visit not only Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) but also Machhapuchhre Base Camp (MBC) (known as Fishtail base camp, among the foreigners).12 walking days and few days for getting to the trekking trail and back to Kathmandu includes the trekking starting from “Nayapul”, a well known trek starting point in Pokhara. Then, your walking holiday goes on to Tikhedhunga (1,540m), Ghorepani (2,850m) and Poon Hill (3,210m). From Poon Hill you will get a chance to view of Mt. Dhaulagiri range very closely with morning glory. When the sun rays hit on the Himalayas, it makes your eyes blinking with joyous smile on your face.
Then our journey will start again for our destination; crossing various villages like Tadapani (2,600m), Chhomrung (2,170m), Dovan (2,500m), Deurali (3,200m) and MBC (3,700m). After spending a night at the Fishtail Base Camp, we will head to final destination Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m.). On this day we will explore around ABC and chill out with frozen environment. At ABC, most of time the temperature will be less than -1 centigrade at the night. After making your adventurous journey in both base camps, we will hike to Bamboo (2,300m), Hot Spring (1780m), Ghandruk (1,900m), Nayapul and from Nayapul, we will ride a vehicle to get to Pokhara. The next day, in the morning, after having breakfast at Pokhara hotel we will drive/fly to Kathmandu to conclude the trip depending on your convenience. Panoramic Himalayan views, good food & lodge make your trip memorable for a long time.
Classic Annapurna base camp trip itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal. Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around Kathmandu city- Historical Durbar Square area, Pasupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Swyambhunath Stupa which will take you to visit Nepal’s most popular attractions and lunch break will be during the tour at best restaurants available/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 03: Fly or Drive from Katmandu to Pokhara approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Pokhara 30 min by STOL flight and transfer to hotel overnight in (BB Basis).
Day 04: After breakfast early morning transfer to trailhead Nayapul (1070m) and trek up to Tikhedhunga (1540m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 05: Trek Tikhedhunga (1540m) to Ghorepani (2850m, 6-7 hrs) /overnight at teahouse(All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 06: Early morning climb up Poon Hill (3210m, 1-1:30 hrs) for sunrise with magnificent snow capped mountain views and trek to Tadapani/Chuile(2600m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 07: Trek Tadapani/Chuile(2600m) to Chhomrong (2170m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 08: Trek Chhomrong (2170m, 4-5 hrs) to Dovan (2500m)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 09: Trek Dovan (2500m) to Deurali (3200m, 5-6 hrs)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 10: Trek Deurali to Fishtail Base Camp-MBC (3700m, 3-4 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 11: Trek Fishtail Base Camp-MBC (3700m) to Annapurna Base Camp-ABC 4130m, 3 hrs /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 12: Trek Annapurna Base Camp-ABC 4130m to Bamboo (2300m, 6-7 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 13: Trek Bamboo (2300m) to Jhinu (Hot Spring 1780m. 5-6 hrs)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 14: Trek Jhinu (Hot Spring 1780m) to Ghandruk (1900m, 4-5 hrs)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 15: Trek Ghandruk (1940m) to Nayapul (1070m, 4-5 hrs) drive back to Pokhara and transfer to hotel. (Breakfast will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 16: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 17: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Whole Package Duration: 17 days
Trek Duration: 12 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 4130m Annapurna Base Camp
Trekking Grade: General (soft route- moderate)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Nayapul/ Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views from MBC & ABC
Sightseeing Tour: One day in Kathmandu Valley
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 3-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop
Consideration on Classic Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Classic Annapurna Base Camp Trek proposed itinerary is just an outline guide and standard model of package basis given here provided by Himalayan Mentor (P) Ltd. The entire trip package can be customized according to your specific requirements and services standard as you wish to have for your holiday. Generally in fact an adventure trip package of this type sometime affected by unforeseen circumstances like bad weather forecast, flight delay and multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can result in a change of original itinerary.
However, Classic Annapurna Base Camp Trek is very rare case that the original itinerary would be considerably altered, so if alterations are needed the trip leader or guide (person in charge) will make a decision what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where as if a change does arise, we do everything as we can reduce its effect, but we cannot be liable for the results of changes or delays affected your original schedule.
Regarding your comfort and unforgettable holiday with Himalayan Mentor (P) Ltd, hereby given most useful information links of the official web page. Please find out all required details by clicking these liked pages and if there is any inconvenience, feel free to write us your valuable suggestions and comments we are very flexible for everything.