Ghorepani Ghandruk trekking
Ghorepani Ghandruk trekking route is one of the most visited areas of Annapurna trail because of easy climb up and most varied landscape features of the entire region. Probably Ghandruk trek is suitable for every level of trekkers-beginners, children with family holiday, old age groups and due to its well managed local eco teahouse loges facilities for food and accommodation along the way. This trekking is also suitable for those who have limited time but dreaming for glimpse of snow caped mountain peaks and still wants a real Himalayan cultural experience in life time. In the spring season there are 9 different species of wild rhododendron flowers bloom which adds this trekking trail to turn into one of the real Shangri La on Earth.
Ghandruk trekking can be done throughout the year except monsoon season mid June to mid September and its easy trail begins further of Nayapul (1070m) trailhead up to Ghorepani (2750m). Along with this trek you will be enjoying fascinating tradition of local Gurung villages and their typical cultural reflection passing through rhododendron, magnolia, oak forest together breathtaking views of Mt. fishtail (6993m), Annapurna South (7219m), Himchuli (6441m) and amazing mountain panorama views from Poon Hill (3210m) including entire Dhulagiri (8167m) massif and Annapurna range series dominating the skyline beyond with Annapurna I (8091m) peak. Throughout the trek you will pass the various villages like; Ghandruk, Landruk, Dhampus etc. which offers magnificent views for Annapurnas from low altitude & it is best for family, elder people and children.
Ghorepani Ghandruk trek itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal.
Upon arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around Kathmandu city-
Historical Durbar Square area, Pasupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Swyambhunath Stupa which will take you to visit Nepal’s most popular attractions and lunch break will be during the tour at best restaurants available/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 03: Fly or Drive from Katmandu to Pokhara
Approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Pokhara 30 min by STOL flight and transfer to hotel overnight in (BB Basis). In Pokhara you will have free for personal activities- you may simply rest or go for visiting Lake Side down town market etc. Pokhara is main gateway city for Annapurna region trek and other mid west areas.
Day 04: After breakfast early morning transfer to trailhead
Nayapul (1070m) and trek up to Tikhedhunga (1540m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant). Further of Nayapul the trail smoothly goes climb up following river bank and after finally reach at the Tikhedhunga village for overnight halt.
Day 05: Trek Tikhedhunga (1540m) to Ghorepani (2850m, 6-7 hrs)
We will stay overnight at teahouse(All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant). Today first the trail ascends many steps of Ulleri hill top village and it follows up to Banthanti lunch stop. After lunch break you will be walking through the mossy jungle up and down trail up to Ghorepani fanal stop. Along the route you will be stopped for sort drinking break at Nangthanti tea shop.
Day 06: Early morning climb up Poon Hill (3210m, 1-1:30 hrs)
Poon Hill is best point for sunrise with magnificent snow capped mountain views and trek to Tadapani (2600m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant). From Poon Hill top you will enjoy views of majestic mountains (Fish Tail) (6993m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Nilgiri (6940m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Annapurna South (7219m), Giant Dhaulagiri (8167 m) and many more. After superb visit of Poon Hill back to lodge have breakfast and join for the day hike.
Day 07: Trek Tadapani (2600m) to Ghandruk (1940m, 4-5 hrs)
We will stay overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant). Today’s hiking journey will be easy walk following gentle descent through the deep forest up to Ghanduk village. Ghandruk is nice village to hang around, main habitants of Gurung ethnical groups and they are popular Gurkha soldier family.
Day 08: Trek Ghandruk (1940m) to Landruk/Tolka (1565m, 4-5hrs)
We will stay overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. After breakfast regular day hike will commence again- first you will be drop down to the Modi Khola River bank nearby Bee Hive Teahouse lodge and cross the bridge then the trail goes through hill terraced field climb up to Landruk village. At Landruk we will stop for the lunch and continue up to the final stop place for overnight stay.
Day 09: Trek Landruk/Tolka (1565m) to Dhampus (1650m, 4-5hrs)
We will stay overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. Today further of Tolka about 1:30 hours climb up to the Pothana Deurali and further up to beautiful Dampus village trail follows through dense mossy jungle along the ridge of hills. Dhampus village offers you spectacular views of entire Annapurna Himalayan range.
Day 10: Trek Dhampus (1650m) to Phedi (950m, 2-3 hrs)
Then catch the transportation then drive to Pokhara and transfer to hotel. (Breakfast will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant). All the way follows gradual descent to final point Phedi. You will pass many cultural hamlets and their hill terraced traditional farmland. At ending place you will be picked up by transport and driven to Pokhara for the lunch and rest for overnight at hotel.
Day 11: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu
It is approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 12: Final departure
Transfer to airport for International departure or if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Highlights of Ghorepani Ghandruk trek
Whole Package Duration: 12 days
Trek Duration: 7 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 3210m Poon Hill
Trekking Grade: Easy
Mode of Trek: Teahouse Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Teahouse lodge
Starting and Ending Point: Nayapul/ Phedi-Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Sightseeing Tour: One day (Private guided)
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views from Poon Hill. Poon Hill atop offers outstanding views of snow capped mountains- Annapurna and Dhaulagiri and Manaslu Himalayan ranges. Some of the most beautiful peaks Fishtail (6993m), Annapurna South (7219m), Himchuli (6441m), Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna I (8091m), giant Dhaulagiri (8167m) and many more. The spring season would be great because of the rhododendrons bloom in the jungle. Trekkers can enjoy snow to play in winter months and until early spring season. Together typical local culture of Gurung, Magar and other ethnical groups and their traditional hill terraced farmland.
Trip Cost: Please contact us for the cost.
Trek Package Services Include
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point (chartered car, taxi, jeep, van or bus depends on group size).
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
- OS charge, VAT-Tax all inclusive
Trek Package Services Exclude
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc ( it is not mandatory but expected).
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop