Ghorepani Ghandruk trekking route is one of the most visited areas of Annapurna trail because of easy climb up and most varied landscape features of the entire region. Probably Ghandruk trek is suitable for every level of trekkers-beginners, children with family holiday, old age groups and due to its well managed local eco teahouse loges facilities for food and accommodation along the way. This trekking is also suitable for those who have limited time but dreaming for glimpse of snow caped mountain peaks and still wants a real Himalayan cultural experience in life time. In the spring season there are 9 different species of wild rhododendron flowers bloom which adds this trekking trail to turn into one of the real Shangri La on Earth.
Ghandruk trekking can be done throughout the year except monsoon season mid June to mid September and its easy trail begins further of Thikhedhunga (1540m) trailhead up to Ghorepani (2870m). Along with this trek you will be enjoying fascinating tradition of local Gurung villages and their typical cultural reflection passing through rhododendron, magnolia, oak forest together breathtaking views of Mt. fishtail (6993m), Annapurna South (7219m), Himchuli (6441m) and amazing mountain panorama views from Poon Hill (3210m) including entire Dhulagiri (8167m) massif and Annapurna range series dominating the skyline beyond with Annapurna I (8091m) peak. Throughout the trek you will pass the various villages like; Ghandruk, Landruk, Dhampus etc. which offers magnificent views for Annapurnas from low altitude & it is best for family, elder people and children.
Highlights of Ghorepani Ghandruk trek
- 12 days private guided trek to lower and easiest trail of Annapurna region
- Witness the beautiful sunrise view from Poon Hill and enjoy outstanding Himalayan panorama including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri and Manaslu Himalayan ranges. Some of the most beautiful peaks Fishtail (6993m), Annapurna South (7219m), Himchuli (6441m), Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna I (8091m), giant Dhaulagiri (8167m) and many more.
- Observe the culture of Gurung and Magar communities and their traditional hill terraced farmland.
- Enjoy the beauty of rhododendron blooming throughout the trail (during March/April)
- Enjoy snow to play in winter months and until early spring season.
- Explore the world heritage cultural sites of Kathmandu valley