Muktinath Jomsom Trek
Muktinath Jomson Trek made more popular due to easy accessibility, well facility of lodges, wholesome food, fresh baked bakery items and organically grown vegetable and fruits are main remarkable. Together traditional and cultural hospitality of Thakali and Gurung ethnical groups add this Muktinath Jomson Trek trail a unique hub for family and easy trekkers. The region belongs to Asia’s oldest Kali Gandaki River valley just further behind of Annapurna and Giant Dhaulagiri massif and below of Ghasa village known also deepest gorge on planet. Muktinath Jomson Trek offers outstanding Himalayan views and fascinating cultural life style of Tibeto-Burman groups which is flavored this region one of the best slow trekkers destination of Annapurna trekking route. Specially this trail ideal for non-technical trekker’s group- family and cozy comfort way of short hikers those who are seeking for real Himalayan experience of nomad apple valley. Trekkers knows this trip as “Jomsom Muktinath trek” but we named it Muktinath Jomsom trek because you will be fly to Jomsom and then start your walking journey toward Muktinath then Jomsom, Tatopani etc.
Muktinath Jomson Trek region also belong to amazing geological features on Earth if we imagine origin of the Himalayan ranges the remaining fossils found in this region are proved it was under the sea before 70 to 60 millions year ago in between. It believes according to modern plate movement theory- Australian plate movement pushed the Eurasian plate to move southwest towards Indian Ocean and collided with Indian plate to raise up Tethis sea shore to form the Himalayan range. Muktinath Jomson Trek area also called the Trans- high plain valley has very limited areas for cultivation and settlement other parts almost are very dry windy and recorded less rain fall. Seasonally this Muktinath Jomson Trek region winter to mid of spring covered by snow so very limited numbers of crops and vegetations are grown there.
Muktinath - Jomsom Trip itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal. Up on arrival meet Himalayan Mentor office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around Kathmandu city- Historical Durbar Square area, Pasupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Swyambhunath Stupa which will take you to visit Nepal’s most popular attractions and lunch break will be during the tour at best restaurants available/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 03: Fly or Drive from Katmandu to Pokhara approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Pokhara 30 min by STOL flight and transfer to hotel for overnight.
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m)/ drive to Muktinath (3800m) and visit/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 05: Drive to Kagbeni (2800m, 1 hr) and explore around/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 06: Drive to Jomsom and explore around/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 07: Drive to Tatopani (1200m, 3-4 hrs, Hot Spring) and overnight at lodge eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 08: Trek Tatopani (1200m) to Ghorepani (2700m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 09: Early morning climb up Poon Hill (3210m, 1-1:30 hrs) for sunrise with magnificent snow capped mountain views and trek Ghorepani (2850m) to Tadapani (2600m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 10: Trek Tadapani (2600m) to Ghandruk (1900m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 11: Trek Ghandruk (1940m) to Nayapul (1070m, 4-5) drive back to Pokhara and transfer to hotel. (All meals Breakfast & Lunch will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 12: Free day in Pokhara for personal activities-go for boating in Fewa Lake/rest/shopping/sightseeing etc (Hotel in Pokhara BB Basis)
Day 13: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 14: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you wish to have onward programs-wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around. Please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Jumsom Muktinath trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 14 days
Trek/ Overland Tour Duration: 4/4 Days
Region of Trek/ Overland Tour: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 3800m Muktinath, 3200m Poon Hill
Trekking/ Overland Tour Grade: General (soft route)
Mode of Trek/ Overland Tour: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House Lodge stay
Starting and Ending Point: Pokhara-Jomsom flight/ Nayapul
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Vehicle- Jeep, Mini bus or Tourist Bus available
Best of the trek/ Overland Tour: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views from Poon Hill
Sightseeing Tour: One day guided tour in Kathmandu
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking/overland- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 3-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Jomsom and Pokhara-Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop