Upper Mustang trekking via Beni
Upper Mustang trekking via Beni is best opportunity to every trekker who wants to explore Lo Mangthang. The trek starts from Jomsom after landing the flight from Pokhara. Then we will drive to Kagbeni and the walking journey will start here. The historical Kingdom of Upper Mustang is best trekking region for spring, summer & autumn season in Nepal. Lo Mangthang area also known as Tibetan Land in Nepal because the weather, landscape culture and lifestyle of this area is similar to Tibetan people. We will follow the same trekking trail when you trek back from Lo Mangthang and from Jomsom we will not fly back to Pokhara. From Jomsom we will trek down to Tatopani and reach Pokhara via Beni within couple of days walking. Nowadays Jeep drive also available along the trekking journey, if you wish to ride it you can do it on your own.
Upper Mustang trekking via Beni - itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal. Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around Kathmandu city- Historical Durbar Square area, Pasupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Swyambhunath Stupa which will take you to visit Nepal’s most popular attractions and lunch break will be during the tour at best restaurants available/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 03: Fly from Katmandu to Pokhara, takes 30 minute by STOL flight and transfer to hotel for overnight. At hotel in Pokhara be refresh, rest or free for personal activities or visit Lake Side down town market. (Hotel in Pokhara BB Basis)
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m), drive to Kagbeni (2800m- 1 hr) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 05: Trek Kagbeni (2800m) to Chaile (3030m-5-6 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 06: Trek Chaile (Tsaile-3030m) to Geling (3440m, 6-7 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 07: Trek Geling (3440m) to Charang or Tsarang (3490m, 6-7 hrs), Nyi La Pass cross (3950m) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 08: Trek Charang or Tsarang (3560m) to Lo Manthang (3730m, 4-5 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 09: Explore around Lo Manthang (3730m) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 10: Explore around Lo Manthang (3730m) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 11: Trek Lo Manthang (3730) to Ghami (3460m) (6-7 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 12: Trek Ghami (3460m) to Samar (3290m, 5-6 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 13: Trek Samar to Kagbeni (2800m, 6-7 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 14: Trek Kagbeni (2800m) to Jomsom (3-4 hrs) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 15: Drive Jomsom (2720m) to Tatopani (1400m, Hot Spring) and overnight at Tea house lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at local tea house)
Day 16: Drive Tatopani (1200m) via Beni to Pokhara (7-8 hrs) and overnight at hotel. (Breakfast & Lunch will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 17: Free day in Pokhara for personal activities go for boating in Fewa Lake/rest/shopping/sightseeing etc. (Hotel in Pokhara BB Basis)
Day 18: Next day from Pokhara fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight, Transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 19: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you interested to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Upper Mustang trekking via Beni trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 19 days
Trek Duration: 10 Days inside restricted area & 4 days out side stay
Region of Trek: Upper Mustang
Maximum Altitude: 3730 M.
Trekking Grade: General (soft route) to moderate
Mode of Trek: Tea House Lodge to Lodge trek
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day prepared by Himalayan Mentor kitchen team and outside at lodge
Starting and Ending Point: Pokhara-Jomsom flight and Jomsom-Pokhara drive via Beni
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Vehicle- Jeep, Mini bus or Tourist Bus available
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views from one the way of trek, visiting Lost Kingdom Lomanthang
Sightseeing Tour: One day guided tour in Kathmandu
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Domestic flight to Kathmandu-Pokhara/ Pokhara-Jomsom/ Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Transportation Jomsom –Tatopani- Beni- Pokhara
- Necessary restricted area trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide, kitchen team and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 3-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral), tips for guide, porters, kitchen & camping team etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop