The beautiful tour which is combined with outstanding culture of Tibetan city “Lhasa” and the pristine beauty of Namtso Lake is Lhasa and Namtso Lake tour. This is a 6 days private guided tour including arrival and departure days. This tour allows you to get a closer look at the enchanting holy Namtso Lake and the life of Tibetan Nomads. Beginning with the cultural sightseeing in Lhasa city, you will impress with the art and architectures of historical sites and the story behind it. The cultural tour of Potala Palace, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Derpung Monastery, Jokhang Temple and devotees in Barkhor Street let you to the next level to understand Tibetan Buddhism and its practice.
After the Lhasa sightseeing tour, the journey head to the Namtso Lake which is the most popular in Tibet and also the highest altitude salt lake in the world (4718m.). The journey to Namtso Lake passing through Nagela Pass(5150m) which offer magnificent view of Nyenchen Thanglha Mountain Ranges. The Tibetan nomads are tent scattering on the grassland and yaks and sheep grazing along the lake-shore. Most of travelers enjoy the taking a photograph with a Yak and some of them even take a yak back ride. After the lake visit you will enjoy to have a leisurely walk around Tashi Dor Island. ON the way back to Lhasa make a short visit to Chimelong Nunnery and Tsurphu Monastery which allow you to understand about different Buddhist studies & ‘Black Hats’, the Karma Kagyupa school of Tibetan Buddhism. On the way to Namtso Lake and back you may get a chance to see Sky burial which is Tibetan practice of funeral.
Lhasa & Namtso Lake tour highlights
- Private guided tour to Lhasa and Namtso Lake for 6 days
- Enjoy the beautiful Lhasa city sightseeing by visiting Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Sera monastery, Derpung Monastery, Jokhang Temple and holy Barkhor Street
- Visit the Salt Lake which is situated at highest elevation (4718 meters) ‘Namtso Lake’ & enjoy its pristine beauty
- Visit Chimelong Nunnery to get an idea of different Buddhist studies
- Learn about the ‘Black Hats’, the Karma Kagyupa school of Tibetan Buddhism
- Observe the Sky burial (A funeral practice in Tibet)