The Tsum valley (some trekkers called “Chum valley” as well) is locally known as beautiful land of nature where trekkers can experience and enjoy cultural fusion of Buddhism and Bon Po religion. This hidden valley was unknown to the world people for long time until few year back. Now trekking to Tsum valley popular walking holiday destination of Manaslu region due to its hidden cultural heritage and awesome diversified land escape as well dramatic views of surrounding mountains. Besides that Tsum valley is also home for several wildlife, birds and vegetations among of them some are very rare.
According to local people of this area “Tsum” means vivid. This region is rich in ancient art and culture in the lap of the Himalayas. Local language of Tsum valley is came from Tibetan but different than it. The newly open trekking trail of Manaslu region is semi restricted area preserved and controlled by Nepal Government and under management of conservation WWF.
Tsum valley trekking (with Manaslu circuit) highlights
- Hiking adventure to off the beaten path of Manaslu region
- Visit Buddhist monasteries and observe the Tibetan Buddhist culture and traditions
- Experience stunning views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu,, Hiunchuli, and Poshyop Glacier
- Walk through streams, waterfalls, beautiful villages and natural diversity
- Combined trek with Manaslu circuit which need to cross Larkya La Pass (5170m) and feel adventurous
- Enjoy the local culture, people and learn about their livelihood