Annapurna base camp trek
Annapurna base camp trek is an outstanding hiking holiday where you need 2 weeks in Nepal for the package. If your desire to book only for trekking days it's only 10 days from Pokhara to Pokhara. The sanctuary of Annapurnas is surrounded by mighty Himalayas. This trek is equally fascinate for either experienced hiker or amateur walker. The vistas from Annapurna base camp and panoramic views from Poon Hill are the best highlights of the abc trekking holiday.
The journey for Annapurna base camp will start from by-road or flight to Pokhara, a beautiful lakeside city quite close to the Annapurna range. The scenery will take your breath away. We will start at Nayapul and go as far as Ulleri on the first day- 5-6 hours. We will then take the steep trail up the ridge to Ghorepani (originally Ghodepani). No need to worry as we will stay there overnight and the following morning, will head to Poon Hill (originally Pun Hill) to see the stunning view of the Mt. Dhaulagiri range. This is a rhododendron forested area so although uphill we are in deep shade. In February and March the rhododendrons will be blooming and the Daphne growing in the under- storey smells wonderful.
Descent to Tadapani is quite long and steep so we will take a day, through the farming countryside. Continually our ABC trekking trip will head to Chhomrung village (2,170 meters.) where we will stay overnight. Next day our hiking starts for Hotel Himalaya (2,920meters) and within next couple of days, we will reach to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) (4,130meters) which is the destination of this trip. Because of safety concern and high altitude sickness, we will take you day by day from low altitude to high altitude, where you can enjoy your trekking avoiding acute mountain sickness. On the same day before getting to ABC we will explore Machhapuchhre Base Camp. After spending a night there, the next day we will trek back to Pokhara crossing beautiful local villages likes; Bamboo (2,345meters), Jhinu hot spring (1,780meters). Walking towards high altitude to low altitude will be easy so we can get Pokhara within 3 walking days. From Annapurna Base Camp trekking trip you can see beautiful mountains- Mt. Machhapuchhre (called Mt. Fishtail in English) (6,993m), Annapurna I (8,091m), Annapurna II, Annapurna South, Himchuli, Baraha Shikhar, Singu Chuli, Gagapurna and Tent Peak.
After getting to Pokhara we will check in to hotel and next day drive or fly to Kathmandu according to your travel plan. Himalayan Mentor will, of course, be personally escorting the trip. Our experienced staffs (Guide and porters) will try every sort to make your experience wonderful.
Annapurna base camp trekking itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ pick up from the airport, transfer to hotel, be refresh, meet your guide, trip preparation and overnight at hotel, BB basis
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (820m), 6/7 hours scenic drive from Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, overnight at hotel, BB basis
Day 03: Pokhara to Thikhedhunga (2 to 2 1/2 hrs), trek to Ulleri (1940 m - 4 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani (2750m, 5-6 hrs)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 05: Trek to Poon Hill (3210m) for sunrise and to Tadapani (2590m - 6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 06: Trek to Chhomrong (2210m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 07: Trek to Dovan (2600m, 5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 08: Trek to Deurali (3200m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 09: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m - 5 hrs) and 2 to 3 hours hike to glaciar /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 10: Trek back to Bamboo (2310m - 7 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 11: Trek to Jhinu Danda (1780 m), and visit hot spring (Tatopani) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 12: Trek to Kyumi (3 hrs) and by jeep to Pokhara (3 to 3 1/2 hrs) (Breakfast and Lunch at Teahouse), Overnight hotel, BB basis
Day 13: Drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 14: Transfer to airport for International departure
or if you interested to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
ABC trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 14 days
Trek Duration: 10 days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 4130m Base Camp
Trekking Grade: General (soft route - moderate)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Kande and Nayapul
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Altitude chart for Annapurna base camp trek
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to starting point and flight to Pokhara
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Tourist bus for Kathmandu - Pokhara – Kathmandu before & after the trek.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara if extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop
Consideration on Annapurna base camp trek
The proposed itinerary for this trek is just an outline guide and standard model of package basis given here provided by Himalayan Mentor (P) Ltd. The entire trip package can be customized according to your specific requirements and services standard as you wish to have for your holiday. Generally in fact an adventure trip package of this type sometime affected by unforeseen circumstances like bad weather forecast, flight delay and multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can result in a change of original itinerary.
However, Annapurna base camp trekking itinerary has very rare case that the original one would be considerably altered, so if alterations are needed the trip leader or guide (person in charge) will make a decision what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where as if a change does arise, we do everything as we can reduce its effect, but we cannot be liable for the results of changes or delays affected your original schedule.