The holy Gosaikunda Lake is one of the most popular pilgrimage destinations among both Hindu and Buddhist groups of people which are especially visited by large number of people during full moon in the month of August. There is also same festive moment when many shamans are gathered to show their shamanism rituals so as to claim rights traditionally. According to a legend, Lord Shiva had created this holy lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident weapon Trishul (Trident) to obtain water to quench his thirst after swallowing poison. The holy Gosainkunda Lake has a black rock in the middle which it is considered to be the head of Lord Shiva and white rock under the water that is said to be the remnant of an ancient shrine. Around Gosaikunda Lake, there are other beautiful lakes Bhairabkunda, Suryakunda, Sarswotikunda and Nagkunda which are worth to observe and enjoy the scenarios as well. This is a sacred pilgrimage journey to find out your inner peace and satisfy the soul to the holy lakes and pristine nature.
After visiting this sacred lake Gosaikunda, you will be crossing Laurebina Pass (4,610m) and trail will drop down towards Helambu valley. The trails continue up to the Sundarijal ending point. You will enjoy the beautiful nature and different species of birds in Shivapuri National park and get the beautiful moment to capture the sunrise view from Chisapani. This is one of the sacred trekking destinations for pilgrims and nature lovers in Nepal.
Holy Gosaikunda pilgrimage highlights
- 10 days private guided pilgrimage to Gosaikunda Lake
- Visit the holy Goaikunda Lake and feel blessed
- Explore Gosaikunda Lake, Bhairabkunda, Suryakunda, Sarswotikunda and Nagkunda and take holy bath (dip)
- Cross Laurebina Pass (4610m) and enjoy the beautiful Himalayan view
- Witness the most beautiful sunrise view from Gosaikunda and Chisapani
- Visit Shivapuri National Park and explore different species of bird watching