Less visited trail of Langtang Region is linked to the moderately challenging Ganja La Pass (5,100m) which lies northeast far corner of the Kyanjing Gompa. This pass is crossed by few trekkers because of demanding ascent. About 150m ascending requires climbing equipments and camping for 3 days. After crossing the pass, the trail drops to join regular Helambu valley trekking route. Those who are seeking for different experience of the Langtang Region trekking, this challenging pass will be the best and from top of the pass, trekkers can enjoy incredible view of whole Langtang range’s snow capped peaks as well far beyond Tibet side mountains. This is the adventure trekking trip in Langtang area which corss 5106 meters in Ganja La Pass and it requires experience trekking guide and porters to make you trip successful.
The Ganja La Pass trekking trail follows first night holding at the base of the pass and rest of the two days at Keldang and Dukpu. These two places are only used by locals during summer as a temporary stay point for yak farming. Further down the pass, the landscape is covered by appropriate pasture and suitable for the yaks grazing. This sub alpine pasture land is located above 4,000m of elevation and has cool pleasant climate. Especially local habitants of Helambu region use it for the main purpose of animal husbandry and search for rare Himalayan herbs.
Langtang-Ganja La Pass - Helambu Trek highlights
- 16 days Private guided trek to Langtang Ganja La pass
- Enjoy the most beautiful Himalayan view from Kyangjin Gompa, Tsergo Ri
- Experience Tibetan Buddhism influenced local cultural and traditions
- Walk through beautiful natural diversity, waterfalls, impressive rhododendron forest, scenic landscape, and indigenous villages
- Cross Ganja La Pass (5122m) and enjoy the adventure snow filled trail
- Visit Helambu villages and observe the lifestyle of local people