Royal trekking Pokhara
Royal trekking trail lies in north-east of Pokhara valley rim, which is also renowned trekking trail and probably the best short hiking destination for Himalayan panorama views. Annapurna Royal trekking is ideal for every age group and those who are looking for short and normal elevation level hiking. This trekking route offers you magnificent panorama of various mountain ranges Dhaulagiri in the far west to Manaslu, Ganesh Himal range of east and in between entire Annapurna range. Mt Fishtail, Annapurna II, III, and Lamjung Himal can be seen much colossal than the other trekking routes of Annapurna. This is one of the shortest and easy camping trekking around Pokhara valley.
Royal trekking region belongs to popular Gurkha solders homeland so the traditional culture and their lifestyle add to your trek a unique experience. In 1980 Prince Charles of United Kingdom (British) had visited this area to see how the Gurkhas are living traditionally in the mountain. After visit of royal group the entire trail baptized the name as “Royal Trek” and ever since started to attract many trekkers. Especially this trekking trail is much popular for short camping trip and among student and family groups.
Royal trekking itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal. Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Fly from Katmandu to Pokhara, 30 min by STOL flight and transfer to trailhead Bijayapur and trek up to Kalikasthan (1370m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at tented camp or Homestay.
Day 03: Trek Kalikasthan (1370m) to Lipyeni (1540m, 4-5 hrs) overnight at tented camp or Homestay.
Day 04: Trek Lipyeni (1540m) to Chisapani (1550m) via Syaklung Danda (1730m, 5-6 hrs) overnight at tented camp or Homestay.
Day 05: Trek Chisapani (1550m) to Sundar Danda (1030m 4-5 hrs) overnight at tented camp or Homestay.
Day 06: Trek Sundar Danda (1030m) to Begnash Tal (650m, 3-4 hrs) ends the trek, have a lunch and drive back to Pokhara. (Hotel in Pokhara BB Basis)
Day 07: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu, 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show. (Kathmandu Hotel BB Basis)
Day 08: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Royal trekking trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 8 days
Trek Duration: 5 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Rigion/ Pokhara Valley Rim
Maximum Altitude: 1730m Syaklung Danda
Trekking Grade: General (soft route)
Mode of Trek: Camping or Homeday
Food & Accommodation: Tented camp or homestay, 3 meals per day
Starting and Ending Point: Pokhara to Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 4-5 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tented camp or homestay.
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 1-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop