Sherpa land heritage exploration or Everest Sherpa cultural trekking is a unique hiking trip for those who want to explore the Sherpa culture of the Everest region. This exploration trip will cross various Sherpa villages for this area to observe the Himalayan people lifestyle. Sherpa village tour is not only to study about Sherpa culture but it also offers you breathtaking Himalayan view of Mt. Everest range. This trip also allows you to learn about the influence of Buddhism in Sherpa’s life in Khumbu and traditional farming (Agriculture) system of Sherpa’s which might be marvelous and unforgettable experiences in your lifetime. So you can name for this trip "Everest Sherpa cultural trekking".
The trip will start from Kathmandu same as other trips in Everest region, taking a 30 minutes flight to Lukla and same day trekking to Phakding village. Then other days, we will cross Namche Bazaar (3500m), Tengboche (3870m), Pangboche Village (3985m), Mong La (3850m), Khumjung village (3780m), Jorsale and Lukla. Along the trip, we will visit various Buddhist Monasteries in the different villages and try to find its influence on local people. The trip is low altitude trekking in Everest region and thus, has very rare chance of Acute Mountain Sickness. Please come and join hands with Himalayan Mentor to explore the Nomadic Sherpa heritage of Everest region.
Everest Sherpa heritage trek highlights
- 14 days private guide tour to explore the Sherpa culture of Khumbu region
- Visit various monasteries including famous Tengboche and Pangboche throughout the trip and take blessing from Rimpoche
- Allow to take a deep observation of Sherpa people and their lifestyle and livelihood
- Enjoy spectacular Himalayan peak view including Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse throughout the trip
- Trek through Khumjung Sherpa village, home of a ‘real’ Yeti skull
Altitude chart of Everest Sherpaland Heritage Exploration