Upper Mustang Jeep Safari
Upper Mustang Jeep safari is specially designed to those travelers who don’t have enough time to explore the region in long duration and also want to skip the walking holiday in the dusty tail. The renowned trekking trail Upper Mustang and Lo Mangthang is wildly known for its ancient features like; caves, monasteries, archeological sites and the beauty of hidden treasures. The landscape and culture of the area is similar to Tibetan plateau which might fulfill your great desire to explore the Tibet autonomous region of China.
The Jeep safari to Upper Mustang for 13 days starts from Pokhara on 4WD drive and takes you to the remote area of Nepal and almost to the border of Tibet. The road condition is not in good condition when you cross Beni but you can still the enjoy the bumpy ride as the Mustang region offers you magnificent Himalayan Views, Buddhist culture and a lot to explore around the ancient caves and monasteries. This is the famous trip amount the people who are seeking different place to enjoy their holiday and but better destination if you love to explore the old heritage and historical place.
Mustang Jeep Safari itinerary
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu (1340m) and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu to obtain permit and alternativelly you can explore the city on your own. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara (7 hours) and transfer to hotel.
Day 04: Drive Pokhara - Beni - Tatopani (2600m) by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05: Drive Tatopani to Kagbeni 2900m by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06: Drive Kagbeni to Ghami (3510m) by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Drive Ghami to Lo Manthang (3840m) by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08: Explore Lo Manthang (3840m). Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 09: Drive Lo Manthang - Chhuksang (2980m) by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 10: Drive back Chhuksang (2980m) to Kalopani (2530m) by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 11: Drive back Kalopani to Pokhara (840m) by 4WD Jeep. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu (1340m). Overnight at hotel.
Day 13: Final departure transfer to airport.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Tiji Festival trekking Trip Highlights
Whole Package Duration: 13 days
Trip Duration: 13 Days
Region of Trek: Upper Mustang
Maximum Altitude: 3840 m.
Trekking Grade: General (soft route) to moderate
Mode of Trip: Tea House Lodge to Lodge trip
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day
Starting and Ending Point: Pokhara - Beni - Pokhara
Transportation: Private Jeep or Tourist Bus/ Flight available
Best of the trek: Enjoy the beautiful land of Upper Mustang on drive
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trip- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge
- Necessary restricted area trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide), as well as his necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral), tips for guide, porters, kitchen & camping team etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop