Annapurna Circuit short trek
Annapurna circuit short trek is a hiking package to enjoy the beauty of Manang village, feel the adventure of Thorong La pass (5415 m.) and visit the holy temple of Muktinath. In Annapurna circuit short trek for 12 days, the visitors can explore the north face of complete Annapurna range, Gangapurna glacier, Tilicho peak and Buddhist cultural sites from ancient times. The most exciting part of the trip is to cross the Thorong La pass and which might be little tough for beginners but enjoyable for moderate and experienced hikers. This is why Annapurna circuit is famous among the adventure trekkers. Another fascinating part of Annaopurna circuit hiking adventure is enjoy the view for 109 continuing running water taps in Muktinath temple and to visit Kagbeni which separates lower and upper Mustang. This is very ideal trek for those who has limited time but still want to do the trek to Annapurna circuit.
Annapurna Circuit short trek itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and HM office representative welcome you and drive to hotel.
Day 02: Briefing about the trekking and trekking preparation and you may join for city sightseeing (this is extra activity.)
Day 03: Around 11 hours drive to Chame from Kathmandu.
The road leads along the mountain and thundering rivers like Trishuli and Marshyandi. The green hill road is really amazing. Lunch is provided on the way to Beshisahar.
Day 04: Trek to Pisang (3,200m)
The trail passes through the pine tree with amazing views of rocks. It takes about five hours to Pisang. In Pisang, you can see the beautiful buck wheat fields and ‘Mani Walls’ with prayer wheels. Stay overnight.
Day 05: Trek from Pisang to Manang (3,400m)
The trek starts through almost flat road. It takes about five hours. Tall rocks and Hongde airport are the main attractions of the Day and stay at Manang.
Day 06: Acclimatization Day in Manang
We will spend one day more in Manang to acclimatization because we have to encounter with the Thorong La pass (5,415m). We can make excursion day around the Manang village. There are some Monastery and walk till Chongar view point.
Day 07: Trek to Yak Kharka (4,020m).
After breakfast we head to Yak Kharka and takes about 4 hours walk from Manang. From Manang the trail leads gradually up hill but it is flat road and stay overnight to Yak Kharka (4,020m). From here you can see herds of Yaks and Blue sheeps grazing around the hills.
Day 08: Trek to Thorong Phedi (4,500m)
We walk gradually uphill about four hours till Thorong Phedi (4,500m)
Day 09: Trek to Thorong-La pass (5,415m) - Muktinath (3,810m)
Very early morning start the trip and walk four hours steep up and four hours trek down to Muktinath (3,810m) via Thorong-La pass (5,415m).
Day 10: Muktinath to Pokhara
From Muktinath a adventure mountain off-road drive to Beni and again catch the nice road to Pokhara which might takes around 8 to 9 hours.
Day 11: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 12: Final Depature
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Annapurna circuit short trek highlights
Whole Package Duration: 12 days
Trek Duration: 6 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 5416m Thorong La Pass
Trekking Grade: General (soft route - moderate)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Syange/Ghyarmuphat and Beni
Maximum per day walking: 6-7 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Adventure pass to corss and feel Himalayan cultural experience alongwith breathtaking views
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Annapurna circuit short trekking Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 1-night Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop