Kathmandu valley trekking
Kathmandu valley trekking offers you to explore some of the best view points of near Kathmandu and the suggested trekking package also allow you to visit one of the best bird sanctuary of Nepal. The entire hiking trail follows Sundarijal to Namobuddha/Panauti are belongs to Shivapuri wildlife Reserve Park so may you have chance to encounter many wildlife and rare wild flowers in nature. Nagarkot and Chisapani hill tops are also renowned as magnificent panorama view point. Trekkers have chance to see many splendid mountain peaks- Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Lantang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Shisa Pangma and Gauri Shankar.
Kathmandu valley short trek also known as short hiking around Kathmandu rim is a truly beautiful trekking area and those who have limited time can be visited without any risk of natural calamities along the journey. The trekking trail is ideal for every age group and those who are looking for short and normal elevation level hiking. Besides trekkers experience typical culture of local people and enjoy different authentic hospitalities. We at a Himalayan Mentor always focus to design every package as much possible to meet better attractions of the region and our guests have pleasurable holiday in fun filled environment. We also can add few more day for Kathmandu valley tours if you desire.
Kathmandu valley rim trek itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport Nepal. Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Trek Sundarijal to Chisapani (5 hours)/overnight at Tea House (BLD )
Day 03: Trek Chisapani to Nagarkot Hill (6 - 7 hours)/ overnight at Nagakot Resort (BLD)
Day 04: Trek Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (5 - 6 hours)/overnight at Tea House (BLD)
Day 05: Trek Dhulikhel to Namobuddha (3 - 4 hours)/overnight at Tea House (BLD)
Day 06: Trek Namobuddha to Panauti (3 - 4 hours)/ end the trek, have lunch and drive back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, be refresh, rest or free for personal activities (Hotel BB Basis in Kathmandu).
Day 07: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you wish to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Kathmandu valley trekking trip highlights
Whole Package Duration: 07 days
Trek Duration: 5 Days
Region of Trek: Kathmandu Valley Rim
Maximum Altitude: 2350m Chisapani
Trekking Grade: General (soft route)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize or Camping
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay or tented camp and served by Himalayan Mentor kitchen team.
Starting and Ending Point: Kathmandu to Kathmandu
Maximum per day walking: 4-5 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views from Shivapuri Hill, Chisapani & Nagarkot
Sightseeing Tour: One day
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop