Khopra Hill Trek
Khopra Hill trek is an alternative trekking trail for Ghorepani Poon Hill if you are looking for less crowded area, little bit more hiking and much scenic view of the Himalayas. Some people get confused as the trail also known as the Khopra Ridge trek and it’s less popular viewpoint for the Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri Himalayan panorama.
The trekking route of Khopra hill is same till Ghandruk and from there we will take local trail to Dobate. From Dobate we will hike to Chistibung continue to Khopra Hill. Along the trail there are very few lodges that provide basic facility for the trekkers but Himalayan Mentor guides and staffs will try to provide as much facilities as per the condition. The views will be superb, both at sunrise and sunset, sometime the valley will cover by the clouds but the Himalayas will stand tall.
From Khopra we will hike down to Swanta and another day we will reach Ghorepani through Chitre. If you are interested to enjoy the same view from Poon Hill we will take you to Poon Hill if not we will hike down to Ulleri and finish the trekking at Nayapul. The itinerary Himalayan Mentor proposed here is very comfortable walking holiday to Khopra Ridge; but we are flexible to customize it as per your holiday duration and requirements.
Khopra Hill trek itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara
Day 03: Pokhara to Naypul and Trek to Ghandruk (1940) - 5 to 6 hours
Day 04: Ghandruk to Dobate - 4 to 5 hours
Day 05: Dobate to Chistibung continue to Khopra Hill (3640m) - 4 to 5 hours
Day 06: Khopra hill to Swanta (2270m) 3 to 4 hours
Day 07: Swanta - Chitre - Ghorepani (2840m) - 4 to 5 hours
Day 08: Ghorepani - Poon Hill (3210 m, optional) - Ghorepani and then hike to Ulleri (1960) - 5 to 6 hours
Day 09: Ulleri to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara - 4 to 5 hours
Day 10: Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 11: Final Departure
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Highlights of Khopra Hill trek
Whole Package Duration: 11 days
Trek Duration: 7 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 3640m Khopra Hill
Trekking Grade: Moderate
Mode of Trek: Teahouse Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Teahouse lodge
Starting and Ending Point: Nayapul/ Nayapul-Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Amazing sunrise over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna Himalaya ranges, less crowed trekking trail
Trip Cost: Please contact us for the cost.
Trek Package Services Include
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to and from starting and ending point (chartered car, taxi, jeep, van or bus depends on group size).
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
- Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
- OS charge, VAT-Tax all inclusive
Trek Package Services Exclude
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc ( it is not mandatory but expected).
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop