Annapurna Circuit Trek takes you into the must-visit trekking destination with amazing landscape and spectacular vistas around the Annapurna Conservation Area. 2 weeks trekking to Annapurna circuit is classic trekking trail can’t compare with any adventure treks around the globe for bountiful lodges, loneliness of nature and astonishing Himalayan panoramas. The incredible round Annapurna trekking usually starts from Besisahar and ends at Pokhara. Typically Annapurna circuit adventure hiking doesn’t suit for inexperienced hiker as it is known as high altitude trek which means you need to put behind Thorong-La pass to complete the epic journey. In 14 days round annapurna hiking holiday you will examine the mountain to high passes of Annapurna massifs.
Annapurna circuit trek is a really diverse trekking trail, both culturally and geographically. The lowland areas are intensively farmed in steep terraces by Gurung and Bahun (or Brahmin) farmers, mostly Hindu. As we climb a little higher we meet more Buddhist peoples like the Manangis and Thakalis, distinctively Tibetan. The trek starts at around 1,000 meters, climbs, very slowly, to Manang at 3,600 meters up the valley of the Marsyangdi River. Climbing further to the Thorong La Pass at 5,416 meters, the terrain becomes quite mountainous but there is always a reasonable trail.
The descent beyond the pass is through the Kali Gandaki valley, the land called Mustang. We firstly travel through high, dry, wild and windy country and later descend into lush rice-fields as we reach Tatopani at 1,150 meters. The trek still has one last spectacular climb after this (if you are still up for it). Over two days we will reach Ghorepani at 2,800 meters for more sensational views back over the Annapurna Range. This trek really covers the best of the region while going slowly enough to actually enjoy oneself with crossing panoramic views at Manang, Kagbeni and Tatopani.
Annapurna circuit trekking, also known as "Round Annapurna trek", covers approximately 200 km trekking trail around the Annapurna mountain range. However this trekking trail is become much shorter than that of the previous days’ time due to road access recently. The trekking begins at an altitude of 1,100 meters and reaches an altitude of 5,416 meters on the Thorung La Pass by touching the edge of the fabled Tibetan plateau. This is the best ever known long day walking holiday among the hikers. And entire trekking allows you to explore amazing uniqueness of the far beyond of the remote Himalaya. The complete round Annapurna trail seems in average moderate to challenging along the biggest pass of the world Thorong La (5416m) but the splendid views and cultural diversity are unexpected rewards.
Annapurna circuit trip highlights
- Classic trekking journey goes through pass yak pastures
- Cross Thorong La Pass (5416m.) enjoy the view from top
- Explore the various ethnic villages throughout the trip
- Enjoy taking a dip at natural hot spring at Tatopani (optional)
- Enjoy the magnificent view of Himalayan peaks like; Mt. Annapurna, Thorung Peak, Nilgiri, Chulu West, and Chulu East, Tukuche Peak, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV
- Explore flora, fauna, wildlife & amazing diversity of nature throughout the journey
- Enjoy pristine lakes, glaciers, deep gorges, and stunning waterfalls throughout trip
- Visit Muktinath temple, a sacred temple of Hindus & Buddhists
- Enjoy Lower Mustang Mountains and landscape
- Enjoy a breathtaking view from Poon Hill
- Private guided trek, which can go on your pace
Altitude chart for Annapurna circuit trek