Mardi Himal trek
Mardi Himal trek, a short but slightly challenging trekking trail, beautiful Panoramic views of Annapurna and Machhapuchhre and main important thing is you can avoid the crowed trail. Located to the east of one of the famous treks of Nepal, the Annapurna Base Camp trek, the Mardi Himal trek is a out of sight but a valued trek. Very few trekkers visit the Mardi Himal Base Camp and you will pass through local villages with different cultures, incredible landscape, stunning views of silvery peaks and captivating views of rivers and striking valley are some of the highlights of this trek.
The trail goes through delightful rhododendron forest, until you ascend out of the jungle at an elevation of 3300m. The setting changes quite unexpectedly into a rough high peak landscape, with astonishing views of Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre and Hiunchuli. The High Camp is set at an elevation of 3580 m and bestows amazing close up vistas of the whole Annapurna range.
11 days trekking package for Mardi Himal which has a week trekking days around Annapurna is prefect holiday for beginner and for those who want unique taste of Annapurna region.
Mardi Himal Trek itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet HM representation at airport to transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara by tourist coach which takes 7 to 8 hours and transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m): 30 minutes drive, 4-5 hours trek
Day 04: Deurali to Forest camp (2,520m): 6-7 hours
Day 05: Forest Camp to low camp (2970m): 5-6 hours
Day 06: Low camp to high camp (3540m): 3-4 hours
Day 07: High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m), return back to high camp: 2-3 hours
Day 08: High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m): 6-7 hours
Day 09: Trek to Lumre, drive to Pokhara: 2-3 hours trek, 2 hours drive
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist coach: 7 to 8 hours
Day 11: Final Departure
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Mardi Himal trek highlights
Whole Package Duration: 11 days
Trek Duration: 7 Days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 4250m Mardi Himal
Trekking Grade: General (soft route - moderate)
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Pokhara/ Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Newly promoted fresh trekking route and very useful for study the local culture and lifestyles of villagers
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Mardi Himal trekking Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-night Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop