Tamang heritage trek is a beautiful trekking trail which is a combination journey of nature and culture. The trek is less popular one but becoming popular among those who want to feel different. The trail goes through in between two most popular Himalaya Langtang (3,500 m) and Ganesh Himal (7,429 m), and it will be great chance for you to enjoy the culture, lifestyle of local community and the Himalayan view.
As Nepal has many ethnic groups, Tamang people are the largest ethnic group in this trekking route. This is why the trek is dedicated to their community where you can experience their culture and enjoy the beautiful nature of this area.
This is an easy to moderate level trekking trail but you need to deal with many uphill and downhill walk. You have trek drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and another day the trek will begin. The trail goes through Ghatlang (2,238m), Tatopani (2,607m), Nagthali (3,300m), Thuman (2,338m) and Birdim (2,229m). After Birdim you will hike down to Syabrubesi and another day drive back to Kathmandu.
If you have longer holiday time, you can trek in conjunction with Langtang Valley trek.
Langtang Tamang Heritage trek highlights
- Enjoy your trekking on the trail which is the residence of Nepal’s Tibetan-influenced hill tribes
- Experience natural hot spring in Tatopani
- Explore local Tamang people, their culture and livelihood
- Enjoy magnificent views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himalayas, Shishapangma and many more
- Walk through beautiful landscape, villages and natural diversity