Tamang Heritage Trek
Tamang heritage trek is a beautiful trekking trail which is a combination journey of nature and culture. The trek is less popular one but becoming popular among those who want to feel different. The trail goes through in between two most popular Himalaya Langtang (3,500 m) and Ganesh Himal (7,429 m), and it will be great chance for you to enjoy the culture, lifestyle of local community and the Himalayan view.
As Nepal has many ethnic groups, Tamang people are the largest ethnic group in this trekking route. This is why the trek is dedicated to their community where you can experience their culture and enjoy the beautiful nature of this area.
This is an easy to moderate level trekking trail but you need to deal with many uphill and downhill walk. You have trek drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and another day the trek will begin. The trail goes through Ghatlang (2,238m), Tatopani (2,607m), Nagthali (3,300m), Thuman (2,338m) and Birdim (2,229m). After Birdim you will hike down to Syabrubesi and another day drive back to Kathmandu.
If you have longer holiday time, you can trek in conjunction with Langtang Valley trek.
Tamang Heritage Trail itinerary
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,600m) - 7 hours drive
Day 2: Trek to Ghatlang (2,238m) - 5 to 6 hrs walk
Day 3: Trek to Tatopani (2,607m) - 6 to 7 hrs walk
Day 4: Trek to Nagthali (3,300m) and continue to Thuman (2,338m) - 6 to 7 hrs walk
Day 5: Trek to Birdim (2,229m) - 5 to 6 hrs walk
Day 6: Trek to Syabrubesi (1,600m) 3 hrs walk
Day 7: Drive back to Kathmandu - 7 hours drive
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Langtang Tamang Heritage trek highlights
Whole Package Duration: 7 days
Trek Duration: 5 days
Region of Trek: Langtang Region
Maximum Altitude: 3,300m, Nagthali
Trekking Grade: Moderate
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Chartered Vehicle
Best of the trek: To expereince Tamang culture and panormaci Himalayan view.
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to starting point and ending point
- Necessary trekking permit, national park, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- Accommodation in Kathmandu 2-nights in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water), tips etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop
Best trek in Langtang to experience the local culture and nature.