Lhasa to Kathmandu overland tour provides you an opportunity to explore Tibet culture, heritage and lifestyle of the Tibetan people. The trip will start when you fly from Kathmandu and ends drive back to Kathmandu from Tibet border Kodari. Ever since Tibet opens its doors in 1985 to travelers “Tibet Overland Tour” becomes one of the most popular tours in Tibet. Tourist visit here to explore its hidden beauties in mysterious lands many people are attracted and tourist are increasing every year. Though are many options of accessibilities to travel Tibet, overland journey to visit Tibet is always popular. The overland journey to Tibet made ever easy because of the direct road connection from Kathmandu to Lhasa and well facilities hotels and lodges are available along the tour stops in Tibet’s different cities. In Overland Tour mainly travelers can involved in package basis operation which also handle all the necessary official legal logistics of regarding tour package.
In fact Lhasa Kathmandu overland tour can be operated both ways either fly in to Lhasa and drive back to Kathmandu or drive to Lhasa via several main places are included in tour package. The tour package commences drive from Kathmandu via Zhangmu, Nyalam, Tingri, Xeger, Shigatse,Gyantse and to Lhasa end the trip finally then fly out or fly in and dive out as respectively vice-versa. The overland tour into Tibet itself is more interesting because you will be exploring various interesting historical heritage and typical cultural encounter of different palaces in nomad lands. The driving journey allows travelers to cross high plain deserts to challenging passes with glimpse of incredible peaks of Tibetan Himalayan ranges.
At the moment this itinerary is not applicable as border between Tibet and Nepal is closed since devastating earthquake of 2015 April. So we want to suggest you Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour or Tibet Lhasa Tour.
Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Tour highlights
- Overland tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu for 8 days
- Sightseeing at Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Drepung Monastery, and Sera Monastery in Lhasa
- Enjoy splendid views of Yamdrok-Tso Lake and Nazing Kang Sa (7252m) peak
- Visit Gyangtse Kumbum Stupa, Palcho Monastery in Gyantse & Tashilhunpo Monastery in Shigatse
- Explore Tibetan nomadic land, people and observe the culture
- Enjoy the stunning Himalayan view from Gyamtso La Pass 5220m
- Trip extension option to visit Nepal after the Tibet tour