This is a perfect one day hiking trip starting by a drive to Budhanilkantha via Maharajgunj starts hiking to Nagi Gumba, Tarebhir to Sundarijal bus park. Budhanilkantha temple and Krishna temple is situated in Budhanilkantha and Nagi Gumba (Monastery) along the hiking route are significant places to visit.
This hike also known as Shivapuri hiking among the hiker as we hike through Sivapuri National Park. You can observe magnificent view of the Kathmandu valley from Tarebhir.
Sundarijal hiking tour distance is about 18 kms and takes 5 to 6 hours. Shivapuri day hike pass through Shivapuri conservation area, villages and Buddhist shrine Nagi Gumba. If you love to watch the birds and hear bird chirping this will be your prefect day outing.
Budhanilkantha - Sundarijal (Shivapuri) hiking highlights
- Hiking through beautiful nature sights and villages
- Best nature walk with bird watching trip nearby Kathmandu.
- Visit Nagi Gompa and learn the Buddhist culture
- Enjoy Himalayan Panorama from Shivapuri hill
- Witness the beauty of Sundarijal waterfall
- Maximum Altitude of the trip is 2340m at Nagi Gomba
- Average walking duration is 5 to 6 hours but it's depends on your pace
- Private transportation before and after the hiking
Budhanilkantha Sundarijal hike itienrary:
07:00am: Pickup at Hotel, drive to Budhanilkantha (8 kms, 25 minutes)
07:30am: Start hiking from south side of Shivapuri which will take you to Nagi Gompa & Tarebhir, Lunch will be taken en route.
02:00pm: Hike down to Sundarijal.
04:00pm: Drive back to Kathmandu
Note: We suggest you to take packed lunch from Kathmandu.
Trip cost: US $95 per person