Dhulikhel Namobuddha hiking begin from Dhulkhel, a small beautiful touristic town, located at height of 1550m, is away from urban hustle and bustle life.
30 km south-west drive from Kathmandu along the Araniko highway, different communities of Newars, Brahmin, Tamang , Chhetris and Dalit lives in Dhulikhel. It is historic town with old houses and temples.
Starts the hike from Dhulikhel via Goukhushwar Mahadev uphill hike to Kavrekot, Kali Mandir (temple) and reach Namobuddha , then hike down to Panauti. The hike is approximately 20 kms that takes 6 hours, the highest point is Nabomuddha (1750m). Glimpses of Himalayas, Newari village, temples, Gumba and Chaityas are most attraction of the Dhulikhel Namobuddha hiking.
Dhulikhel Namobuddha hiking highlights
- Enjoy Magnificent Himalayan views from Namobuddha
- Experience the Buddhist culture by visiting the monastery
- Maximum Altitude of the trip is 1750m at Namobuddha
- Hiking starting at Dhulikhel and ends at Panauti
- Average walking duration is 5 to 6 hours but it's depends on your pace
- Transportation: Private transportation before and after the hiking
- Enjoy walking through various villages and beautiful terrace landscape
- Visit Panauti, a oldest Newari village nearby Kathmandu valley
Dhulikhel - Namobuddha hike itienrary:
07:00am: Pickup at Hotel, drive to Dhulikhel (30 kms, 40 minutes)
08:00am: Start hiking from Dhulikhel to Namobuddha which will about 3 hours. Lunch will be taken at Namobuddha.
01:00pm: Hike down to Panauti which takes 2 and half hours to reach there.
04:00pm: Drive back to Kathmandu, from Panuti; it will take 40 minutes to reach Kathmandu.
Trip cost: USD $95 per person