Thankot Chitlang Indrasrowar Lake Hiking begins with a drive to Thankot then Godam village from Kathmandu, hiking uphill journey reaching Chandragiri pass (2250m), passing through rhododendron forests, birds chirping and Kathmandu view. On a clear weather Himalayas range in the north is a great view. Walking downhill will reach Chitlang village which has nice homestay, temples and Chaityas. The trail follows to Markhu village a typical Newari village, then to Indrasarowar and drive back to Kathmandu via Pharping.
The route was main ancient route with historical importance, and was gateway towards the southern plain of Nepal before the opening of Prithivi highway.
The entire hiking duration for Thankot, Chitlang - Indrasarovar Lake (Kulekhani) will be for 8 hours. We need to starts our journey from Kathmandu at 6:30 am and we will be back to Kathmandu (at your hotel) at 6:00 pm. Couple of hours takes to reach and back from hiking starting and ending point.
Thankot - Chitland Indrasarovar Lake hike highlights
- Hiking through rhododendron forest and villages
- Enjoy the beautiful view of tranquil Lake Indrasarovar
- Best nature walk with bird watching trip nearby Kathmandu.
- Experience the local culture and tradition in local villages
- Take a look of Panoramic Himalayan sights from Chandragiri pass
- Maximum Altitude of the trip is 2250m at Chandragiri pass
- Average walking duration is 8 hours but it's depends on your pace
- Private transportation before and after the hiking
Thankot - Chitlang - Indrasarovar Lake hike itienrary:
06:30am: Pickup at Hotel, drive to Thankot (15 kms, 35 minutes)
07:10am: Start hiking from Thankot to Chitlang, Lunch will be taken en route to hike.
02:30pm: Hike down to Indrasarovar Lake . From Chitlang it will take 2 hours leisure walk to reach the Lake.
04:30pm: Drive back to Kathmandu, Kulekhani to Kathmandu distance is 45 Kms which will take 1:30 hours to reach Kathmandu.
Note: We suggest you to take packed lunch from Kathmandu.
Trip cost: US $125 per person