Sankhu Nagarkot Hiking begins with a drive to Sankhu from Kathmandu and walking through Lapsiphedi, Jaharing Pouwa, Kattike Bhanjyang. It is 14 kms that takes 5 hours. Sankhu is ancient Newari village, it has temples, Nagarkot is famous hill station from where clearly have glimpses of180 degree of Himalayan ranges.
Nagarkot has modern resorts and accommodation facilities. Nagarkot is famous for sunrise and sunset views, overnight stay is recommended for best experiences. If you can’t stay there for overnight it will be better if you watch the sunset views from Nagarkot.
Sankhu to Nagarkot hiking highlights
- Enjoy Magnificent Himalayan view including Mt. Everest & sunset view from Nagarkot
- Experience the lifestyle and culture of local people
- Maximum Altitude of the trip is 2195m at Nagarkot
- Hiking starting at Sankhu and ends at Nagarkot
- Average walking duration is 5 to 6 hours but it's depends on your pace
- Private transportation before and after the hiking
- Enjoy walking through various villages and beautiful terrace landscape
Sankhu - Nagarkot hike itienrary:
07:00am: Pickup at Hotel, drive to Shanku (25 kms, 1 hour)
08:00am: Start hiking from Snakhu/Lapsiphedi to Nagarkot which will about 3 hours. Lunch will be taken at Nagarkot.
01:00pm – 5:00pm: Have lunch and jaunting around
05:00pm – 05:45pm: Watch Sunset view from Nagarkot
05:45pm: Drive back to Kathmandu (32 kms, 1 hour)
Trip cost: US $125 per person