Balthali is one among the best day outing destination around Kathmandu valley which also known as Balthali village day tour. This can be done as multi-trek destinations without having to worry about altitude sickness as listed by Lonely planet guidebook in 2011. Balthali village sits in the plateau with rice terraced fields, glimpse of snowy Himalayas, rural hamlets, green forests, Buddhist temples.
Driving to Khopasi via Panauti (32 kms, 1:15 hours), starting the hiking from Khopasi passing through Sanagaun, Nyaupane Gaun and hike down. One will make way through Ladkeshor Mahadve temple (one of the name of Lord Shiva) and follow the trail north along the river. One can rest at flat ground and take snacks and enjoy beautiful Balthali village.
For the option; there are resorts in Balthali where could stay a night and either return back to Kathmandu or hike up to Namo Buddha for another day. In this hike we will follow the same route for hike to Balthali and hike back to Khopasi.
Khopasi Balthali Hiking highlights
- Hiking through beautiful landscape and farmland
- Experience the Himalayan sights in far distance from Balthali
- Visit Newari village Kopasi and learn the culture
- Enjoy nature view throughout the trail and different species of birds
- Maximum Altitude of the trip is 1580m at Balthali
- Average walking duration is 5 to 6 hours but it's depends on your pace
- Private transportation before and after the hiking
Khopasi Balthali Hiking itienrary:
07:00am: Pickup at Hotel, drive to Khopasi (32 kms, 1:15 hours)
08:30am: Start hiking from Khopasi to Balthali village which will take up to an hour, Lunch will be taken at Balthali.
09:30am: Jaunting around this beautiful village and have lunch at afternoon. 02:00pm: Hike down to Kopasi fron Balthali.
03:15pm: Drive back to Kathmandu
Note: We suggest you to take packed lunch from Kathmandu, if you don't like to eat at restaurant.
Trip cost: US $95 per person