Hiking in Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Namo Buddha & Balthali also popularly known as Kathmandu Valley cultural hiking trail is 5 days hiking trip, probably the best and famous hiking route for the tourists nearby the capital city. This trip can be done within 4 days too if you have limited time.
This multi-day hiking starts from Sundarijal, north-east from the valley, 45 minutes drives from Kathmandu. Hiking through Shivapuri conservation forests pass some of the beautiful villages along the trail. The route takes you high up to 2800 m and finally reached Chisapani a gateway to Helambu trekking route. A small hill station with great view of Himalayas and overnight stay in Chisapani lodges is perfect refreshing place. The next day follow the downhill trail passing through various villages of Jhule and Jarsing Pauwa and finally reaches in Nagarkot; a famous hill station for sunrise and sunset view. And the very next day medium level of hike to Dhulikhel another beautiful town to have close sunrise views in the Himalayas. The next day after visiting Namobuddha and hike down to Balthali, overnight staying at Balthali, the next day hike to Kopasi for an hour and drive back to Kathmandu.
Along the route you will encounter green forests, flora and fauna, villages, waterfalls and beautiful views of Kathmandu and on reaching top in Chisapani 180 degree view of Himalayas.
Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Namo Buddha Balthali hiking highlights
- Hiking through beautiful landscape, forest, flora fauna, terrace farmland and villages
- Experience breathtaking Himalayan panorama from Chisapani, Ngarkot, Dhulikhel and Namo Buddha
- Visit most popular Sunrise view points at Chisapani & Nagarkot
- Explore Namo Buddha monastery and learn about the Buddhism
- Visit various villages throughout the trek and enjoy their culture and tradition
- Enjoy nature view throughout the trail and different species of bird watching
- Maximum Altitude of the trip is 2195m. at Nagarkot
- Average walking duration is 5 to 6 hours each day but it's depends on your pace
- Private transportation before and after the trek
Kathmandu Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Namo Buddha Balthali hiking itienrary:
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal / trek to Chisapani (2150m) (4 to 5 hours), overnight at lodge in Chisapani. (Lunch & Dinner)
Day 02: Hike continue to Nagarkot (6 to 7 hours), overnight at hotel in Nagarkot. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 03: Hike continues Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (5 to 6 hours); overnight at hotel in Dhulikhel. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 04: Hike from Dhulikhel to Namobuddha (3 hours) and continue hike down to Balthali village (2 hours), Overnight at resort in Balthali (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 05: Hike to Khopasi (1 hour) & drive back to Kathmandu. (Breakfast)
Trip cost: US $495 per person
Minimum group size: 2 persons