Island peak climbing is combined with Everest base camp trekking which is adventurous expedition in Nepal. The Island Peak (6160m) is located beyond of Imja Khola valley close to Chhukum and it is also called Imja Tse Peak. It is another most popular peak of Nepal that many interested climbers has climbed successfully. It is also considered as a special climbing training before heading the extreme high Himalayan expeditions. Himalayan Mentor has proposed the climbing itinerary of the popular Island Peak that the entire trekking days combined with the Everest Base Camp trek which allows you to acclimatize and perfect fit before heading the climbing. You will be also climbing Kalapatthar (5545m) ridge and exploring Everest Base Camp together to make climbing trip easier.
Island Peak expedition normal route is south-east flank and south-west ridge so the general base camp is set at 5100m of elevation in between Imja Tse and the sideways moraine of the Imja Glacier. We are always aware that proper precaution should be taken to avoid the possible of avalanche in the occurrence of heavy snow fall. It is technically demanding climb up above high camp so requires perfect physical condition. Other important technical instruction will be instructed by our climbing expert during the stay at base camp.
Island peak climbing highlights
- 19 days guided mountain climbing trip including EBC trek
- Summit Island Peak (6160m.) & experience the mountain climbing in Nepal
- Visit Everest base camp and Kalapatthar before climbing the Island peak
- Enjoy beautiful sights of Everest region Himalayas throughout the trip
- Experience Sherpa people, their culture and livelihood
- Make lifetime memory with the magnificent views of the snow-capped mountains, including Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Lhotse, and many others from Island peak summit