Mera Peak Climbing
Mera peak climbing is a combined adventure activity. Mera Peak (6461m) is Nepal’s highest trekking peak which is located far south east of entire Everest region. The region of this stunning peak belongs to Hinku Valley area and the main rout of trekking also follow the entire valley. Himalayan Mentor has suggested climbing itinerary of the popular Mera peak which is based on facts to fit every level of normal climbers. The entire trekking route follows crossing over the Chhatra La Pass and continue high valley up to Thaknak. It is also allow to climbers perfect acclimatization and sufficient fit before heading the main climbing to the peak.
Expedition to Mera peak provides you best opportunity to fulfill your mountain climbing dream in Evrest region of Nepal. We provide you full board kitchen service basis and accommodation at teahouse lodge stay on the way of trekking and camping supported basis above Khare base. We have fixed of this type of service because climbers can get perfect hygienic food supplies which is also main concern of the entire trip. Mera peak climbing is one of the most popular one and till this date every season attracts many climbers to scale its summit. Above high camp attempt is physically very demanding and the main climbing part is quite technically straightforward on snow slopes which rarely exceed 30 degrees.
Mera peak climbing itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport
Up on arrival meet our office representative at airport and transfer to hotel/ after refreshing complete the official formalities/ briefing about the preparation and rest of the day free for your own leisure/overnight at hotel in BB Basis.
Day 02: Permit preparation day - You will get briefing about the peak this day /overnight at hotel in BB Basis..
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800m), & trek to Chutang (3450m) and overnight at Lodge. (BLD)
Day 04: Trek Chutang to Zatra La Pass (4600m) to Thuli Kharka, Overnight at Lodge
Day 05: Thuli Khark –Mosom Kharka (3680m), Overnight at Lodge (BLD) .
Day 06: Mosom Kharka to Kote (4182m), overnight at Lodge (BLD) .
Day 07: Kote – Tangnag (4355m), overnight at Lodge (BLD) .
Day 08: Tangnag – Khare (5095m), overnight at Lodge (BLD) .
Day 09: Khare - Rest day for acclimatizing, (BLD) .
Day 10: Khare – High Camp (5800m), overnight tented camping (BLD) .
Day 11: High Camp to Mera Summit (6461m) to Base Camp or Khare Camp, overnight Camp (BLD) or Tea house.
Day 12: Spare day (any mishap - either flight or weather or mountain sick or any)
Day 13: Khare/Base Camp to Kothe (3600m), 4-5 hours overnight Lodge (BLD) .
Day 14: Kothe to Thuli Kharka, overnight Lodge, 5-6 hours (BLD) .
Day 15: Thuli Kharka to cross Zetrala to Lukla 6/8 hours, overnight Lodge (BLD)
Day 16: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight then transfer to Hotel (B) .
Day 17: Free for personal activities-shopping or visiting/celebration and receiving successfully climbed the Island Peak and evening fare well dinner with culture show at Nepalese Traditional Kitchen you will be enjoyed very authentic way of Nepalese hospitalities and overnight at hotel in BB Basis.(BD)
Day 18: After breakfast transfer to airport for final departure or proceed for onward program. We also organize many different sorts of activities- whitewater rafting, wildlife safari tour, Tibet, Bhutan & India tour and more as you wish to have for onward destination. (B)
Note: B= Breakfast, L= Lunch & D = Dinner
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Whole Package Duration: 18 days
Trek Duration: 13 days
Region of Trek: Everest Region - Mera Peak climbing
Maximum Altitude: Mera Peak Summit (6461m)
Trekking Grade: Moderate- Strenous - Extreme Climbing
Mode of Trek: Tea House + Camping Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Kathmandu to Kathmandu
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight- Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu
Best Time to Do: Spring and Autumn Season
Himalayan Sights: This is a climbing trip where you can get best chance to close view of Himalayan sights like; Mt. Everest, Makalu, Chamlang, Baruntse, Melungtse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Pumori, Tower Peak, Mera Peak, Kusum Kanggru, Kanchanjunga etc. .
Mera peak climbing Cost: Please contact us for cost details
The package includes:
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Entry permit to Sagarmatha National Park, peak permit & garbage deposit
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- Climbing Sherpa and climber’s personal equipments
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day prepared by Himalayan Mentor’s kitchen team and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail and tented camp & food during the climbing period
- Necessary snow bars, ropes, rock piton and ice screws for climbing
- Domestic airfare and airport tax round trip (Kathmandu - Lukla – Kathmandu for the trekking )
- 4- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu in BB basis before and after the trek.
- City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
- Comprehensive First Aid kit pack
The package does not include:
- International flight ticket and airport tax
- Lunch and dinner during the Kathmandu stay
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking and climbing gear for the trip
- High alpine tent, high foods and sleeping bag
- Oxygen, Mask & Regulator, Gammo Bag & satellite phone
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop