Mount Kanchenjunga (8586 m) is the third-highest peak and second highest in Nepal. Kanchenjunga meaning five treasures of snow represent five peaks. Three of the five peaks are in Nepal and three other peaks are along the boarder of Sikkim, India.
The huge cluster of peaks of Kangchenjunga is buttressed by great ridges running roughly due east to west and north to south and many peaks rises from its narrow icy ridges. These ridges contain a host of peaks between 6,000 and 8,000 meters.
Mt. Kanchenjunga expedition trip itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our office repetitive and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Preparation for Expedition, official formalities work out stay hotel in BB Basis
Day 03: Official formalities work out for expedition and briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 04: Fly Kathmandu to Bhiratnagar, transfer to hotel, rest or visit marker and overnight at hotel (Hotel in Biratnagar BB Basis)
Day 05: Fly Biratnagar to Suketar/Taplejung (2300m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek Suketar to Phurumba/ Jogidanda and overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek Phumbra/ Jogidanda to Chirwa (1190m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Trek Chirwa (1190m) to Sekathum (1640m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Trek Sekathum (1640m) to Amjilesa (2490m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek Amjilassa (2490m) to Kayapra/Gyabla (2730m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek Kyapra/Gyabla (2730m) to Ghunsa (3430m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Acclimatization day at Ghunsa (3430m) explore around and rest/overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek Ghunsa (3430m) to Khambachen (4040m) and overnight at tented camp
Day 14: Trek Khambachen (4040m) to Lhonak (4790m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek Lhonak (4790m) to Pangpema (5140m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek Northern Kanchenjunga Base Camp, camp setting for climbing and overnight at tented camp.
Day 17 – 41: Climbing Period for Kanchenjunga 8586m
Day 42: Cleaning Base Camp and packing for departure
Day 43: Trek back Base Camp to Khambechen (4040m) and overnight at tented camp
Day 44: Trek Khambechen (4040m) back to Gunsa (3430m) and overnight at tented camp
Day 45: Trek Gunsa (3430m) to Amjilassa (2490m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 46: Trek Amjilassa (2490m) to Chirwa (1190m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 47: Trek Chirwa (1190m) to Taplejung (2300m) and overnight at tented camp.
Day 48: Rest day at Taplejung (2300m) and overnight at lodge.
Day 49: Fly to Biratnagar and continue flight connection to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel.
Day 50: Free in Kathmandu for personal activities
Day 51: Free in Kathmandu for personal activities
Day 52: Transfer to airport for International departure.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Kanchenjunga Expedition trip highlights
Expedition Duration: 52 days proposal
Climbing Period: 25 days
Climbing Route: Normal, south-west face
Location: Kanchenjunga Region, Nepal & India boarder line
Range: Kanchenjunga Himal-Nepal side
Latitude: 27º 42’ 09”. N
Longitude: 88º 09’ 25”. E
Expedition Season: Spring & Autumn
Expedition cost: Please contact us for trip cost.
Service cost Includes up to Base Camp
- Transportation for airport pick up & drop as per program
- Hotel in Kathmandu 6 nights before & after the expedition
- Private transportation for member, Liaison officer & expedition staffs
- Charge of food supply & expedition equipments to Base Camp & back
- Full board lodge stay basis during the trek to base camp and back
- Single sleeping tent & mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tent, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC
- Necessary foods and fuel supply at Base Camp
- Government Liaison Officer Service
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
- Equipments, allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison Officer and porters
- Expedition Permit fee of Manaslu
- Manaslu National Park-conservation entrance fee
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use
Service cost does not Include
- International airfare from / to your country
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal climbing gear and equipments
- High Tents, high altitude foods and fuel above Base Camp
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request)
- Personal insurance-travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage
- Applicable permit fees & customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses for staffs
- Garbage deposit for expedition
- Climbing Sherpa charge
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop