Unlike neighboring Annapurna region, Manaslu remains, by and large, a pristine region that houses the world’s eight-highest mountain peak.Mt. Manaslu 8,156 m literally means “mountain of sprit”. The word ‘manasa’ comes from Sanskrit meaning “intellect” or “soul” .And the sight of twin peaks glistening in the sunset provides perfect explanation as to why the would call it so. It appears, at first sight, to dominate the landscape, but as one continues along the trekking route, it becomes more of the tranquil spirit, something that enables the mind to calm down.
Mount Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain in the world. The long ridges and glaciers valley have easy approaches from all directions. In 1956 a Japanese expedition first climbed Mt. Manaslu.
Mt. Manaslu expedition trip itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our office repetitive and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Preparation for Expedition, official formalities work out stay hotel in BB Basis
Day 03: Official formalities work out for expedition and briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 04: Drive to Arughat (525m) approx. 9-10 hrs drive/ overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek Arughat (525m) to Soti Khola (620m) or Korsane/overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek Soti Khola/Korsane to Maccha Khola (900m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek Maccha Khola (900m)/to Jagat (1410 m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Trek Jagat (1410 m) to Philim (1590m)/overnight at tented camp
Day 09: Trek Philim (1590m) to Deng (1920m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek Deng (1920m) to Namrung (2700m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek Namrung (2700m) to Lho (3180 m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek Lho (3180 m) to Sama Gaun (3530m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Acclimatization day at Sama Gaun/explore around/overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek Sama Gaun to Manaslu Base Camp (4700m) overnight at tented camp
Day 15-40: Climbing Period for Manaslu 8156m
Day 41: Trek Manaslu Base Camp (4700m) to Sama Gaun overnight at tented camp
Day 42: Trek Sama Gaun (3530m) to Namrung (2700m) /overnight at tented camp.
Day 43: Trek Sama Gaun (3530m) to Namrung (2700m) /overnight at tented camp.
Day 44: Trek Namrung (2700m) to Philim (1590m) /overnight at tented camp.
Day 45: Trek Philim (1590m) to Maccha Khola (900m)/overnight at tented camp.
Day 46: Trek Machha Khola (900m) to Arughat (525m) /overnight at tented camp.
Day 47: Drive Arughat (525m) to Kathmandu approx. 9-10 hrs transfer to hotel.
Day 48: Free in Kathmandu for personal activities
Day 49: Free in Kathmandu for personal activities
Day 50: Transfer to airport for International departure
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Manaslu Expedition trip highlights
Expedition Duration: 50 days proposal
Climbing Period: 25 days
Climbing Route: Normal, north-east face
Location: Manaslu Region, Nepal
Range: Mansiri Himal-Nepal
Latitude: 28º 32’ 58”N
Longitude: 84º 33’ 43”E
Expedition Season: Spring & Autumn
Expedition cost: Please contact us for trip cost.
Service cost Includes up to Base Camp
- Transportation for airport pick up & drop as per program
- Hotel in Kathmandu 6 nights before & after the expedition
- Private transportation for member, Liaison officer & expedition staffs
- Charge of food supply & expedition equipments to Base Camp & back
- Full board lodge stay basis during the trek to base camp and back
- Single sleeping tent & mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tent, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC
- Necessary foods and fuel supply at Base Camp
- Government Liaison Officer Service
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
- Equipments, allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison Officer and porters
- Expedition Permit fee of Manaslu
- Manaslu National Park-conservation entrance fee
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use
Service cost does not Include
- International airfare from / to your country
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Personal climbing gear and equipments
- High Tents, high altitude foods and fuel above Base Camp
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request)
- Personal insurance-travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage
- Applicable permit fees & customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses for staffs
- Garbage deposit for expedition
- Climbing Sherpa charge
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop