Tilicho Lake Trek
Tilicho lake trekking joint together along the same Annapurna Circuit trail diverts from fascinating Manang Village’s far corner of high plain valley where trekkers can explore world’s second highest Tilicho Lake together natural ambience of towering snow-clad mountains. The Tiliho Lake areas are mostly used as a yak pasture locals in summer days but its awesome natural heritage attracted many trekkers to enjoy its amazing beauty. The locals also visit this place for rare herbal exploration. The Annapurna Circuit is approximately 200 km trek in Nepal around the Annapurna mountain range in the Himalayas. However this route has become much shorter than the previous days due to access of rough road recently.
The entire Tilicho lake trek and Annapurna Round trail reaches an altitude of 5416 meter on the high pass, touching the edge of the fabled Tibetan plateau. The magnificent mountain scenery seen at the close-up views of Mt Nilgiri, Tilicho peak, Grand Barrier including Annapurna 8091 meter which was the first 8000 meter peak climbed by Maurice Herzog and his team in 1950’s on 3rd of June in the world. The French Expedition led by Maurice Herzog was participated other members- Louis Lachenal, Lionel Terray, Gaston Rébuffat, Marcel Ichac, Jean Couzy, Marcel Schatz, Jacques Oudot and Francis de Noyelle were set first successful ascent for mountaineering history. In the south west you will see wonderful glimpse of the giant ice pyramid Mt Dhauligiri great (8167m) and many surrounding peaks. Besides trekkers can experience Tibetan Mahayana Buddhism, Hinduism and the mysterious Bon-Po religion which is still coexist in remote part of Nepal. Along the treks you will find many pilgrimage sites and ancient monasteries.
Tilicho lake trek itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ pick up from the airport, transfer to hotel, be refresh, meet your guide, trip preparation and overnight at hotel
Day 02: Drive to Syange/Ghyarmuphat (1130m) approx. 9-10 hrs drive/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 03: Trek Syange/Ghyarmuphat (1130m) to Tal (1700m, 5-6 hrs)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 04: Trek Tal (1700m) to Danaque (2200m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 05: Trek Danaque (2200m) to Chame (2700m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 06: Trek Chame (2700m) to Pisang (3250m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 07: Trek Pisang (3250m) to Manang (3540m, 5-6 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 08: Acclimatization day in Manang (3540m)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 09: Trek Manang (3540m) to Khangsar (3734m, 4-5 hrs)/overnight at eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 10: Trek Khangsar ( 3734m) to Tilicho Base Camp (4140m, 5-6 hrs) overnight at teahouse lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 11: Day hike trip to explore around Tilicho Lake (4919m, 7-8 hrs to go and come back) and overnight at Base Camp teahouse lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 12: Trek Tilicho Base Camp (4140) to Yak Kharka (4080m, 6-7 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 13: Trek Yak Kharka (4080m) to Thorung Phedi (4450m, 4-5 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 14: Trek Thorung Phedi (4450m) to Muktinath (3800m, 8-10 hrs) crossing over the Thorung-La Pass (5416m)/overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 15: Drive from Muktinath (3800m) to Jomsom (2720m, 1:30- 2 hrs) /overnight at teahouse eco-village lodge. (All meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 16: Fly back Jomsom to Pokhara/ transfer to hotel be refresh and rest. (Breakfast will be served at teahouse lodge restaurant)
Day 17: Free day in Pokhara for personal activities-go for boating in Fewa Lake/rest/shopping/sightseeing etc (Hotel in Pokhara BB Basis)
Day 18: Next day drive from Pokhara to Katmandu approximately (7-8 hrs.) by bus or fly to Kathmandu 30 min by STOL flight as you wish to have in your package, Transfer to hotel, late noon shopping souvenirs around market and typical Nepali dinner party with culture show.
Day 19: Transfer to airport for International departure or if you interested to have onward programs- wildlife safari tour, whitewater rafting/ kayaking, paragliding, sightseeing or visiting main tourist attraction of around please let us know we are happy to organize as you wish.
- Trip Highlights
- Cost Includes/Excludes
- Equipement for Trip
- Useful Information
Whole Package Duration: 18 days
Trek Duration: 14 days
Region of Trek: Annapurna Region
Maximum Altitude: 5416m Thorong La Pass
Trekking Grade: Moderate to strenuous
Mode of Trek: Tea House Organize
Food & Accommodation: 3 meals per day & Tea House stay
Starting and Ending Point: Syange/Ghyarmuphat and Pokhara
Maximum per day walking: 5-6 hour in average
Transportation: Flight, Chartered Vehicle or Tourist Bus
Best of the trek: Total Himalayan cultural experience and breathtaking views of Annapurna Himalayan series/ explore second highest lake on planet/ Cross Thorung La Pass (5416m)
Best Time to Do: June to September and Late Spring – Mid Autumn Season
Trip Cost: Please contact us for cost details
Trek Package Cost Includes
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to starting point and flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara in BB basis before and after the trek.
- Domestic airfare, airport tax or overland bus fare for (Pokhara – Kathmandu) after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
- Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay except mentioned in package.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, incase of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trek.
Equipment or clothing required for trip
- 3-4 season sleeping bag with hood
- Thermo rest self-inflating pad or foam mat
- Main luggage- Rucksack or Duffel
- 30 - 40 liter Daypack- to carry water bottles, camera, lunch & extra clothing
- Stuff sacks and plastic bags for keeping your gear dry and organized
- Water bottles with a wide mouth
- A pair adjustable trekking poles
- Insulated plastic mug (optional)
- Pocketknife Swiss army style (optional)
- Toiletries bag for toilet paper, soap, saving items, tooth paste & toothbrush etc
- Running shoes or sandals-to used in camp/ teahouse lodge
- Hiking boots- good quality
- Gaiters- a pair to use to keep boots dry if walking through deep snow or on wet ground
- Woolen or Pile Socks-heavy weight wool to be worn over the liner socks
- Liner Socks-smooth thin liner socks to reduce of getting blisters
- Knee or ankles support pad
Clothing items for trip
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket with hood
- Medium weight down jacket with hood
- Light trekking trouser
- Long sleeve light colored polypropylene shirts
- Polar Tec fleece jacket
- Thermal underwear for both top & bottom
- Polar Tec fleece pant
- Personal under garments
- Quick dry type towel
- Casual wears before after the trek
- Polypropylene liner gloves
- Fleece gloves
- Good quality mittens or gloves
- Warm woolen or fleecy hat/balaclava
- Sun hat or cap with bandana for shading the neck
- Bandana or scarf
- Headlamp for use at night around the camp with extra batteries and spare bulbs
- High quality sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Dust mask
Other Travel Accessories
- Sunscreen and lip salve SPF 30 or above
- Insect repellant
- Water purification tablets (iodine or chlorine)
- Favorite snack items
- Reading & writing materials, ipod and cards
- Camera, memory card and extra battery
- Passport photo copy & photos
- Insurance certificate copy
- Earplugs (optional)
- Baby wipes (optional)
- Anti bacterial hand gel (optional)
Personal first aid kit pack
- Any personal medications
- Malaria prophylactic tablets
- Antibiotics capsules
- Imodium and anti amoebious, bacterial tablets
- Blister treatment plasts
- Dehydration solution
- Analgesic- Paracetamol, aspirin
- Anti cold tablets
- Diclofenac gel
- Antiseptic cream & throat lozenges
- Diamox for AMS
- Sanitary pad (for women)
- Ear & eye drop
Consideration on Classic Tilicho Lake Trek
Tilicho Lake trek proposed itinerary is just an outline guide and standard model of package basis given here provided by Himalayan Mentor (P) Ltd. The entire trip package can be customized according to your specific requirements and services standard as you wish to have for your holiday. Generally in fact an adventure trip package of this type sometime affected by unforeseen circumstances like bad weather forecast, flight delay and multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can result in a change of original itinerary.
However, this trek is very rare case that the original itinerary would be considerably altered, so if alterations are needed the trip leader or guide (person in charge) will make a decision what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where as if a change does arise, we do everything as we can reduce its effect, but we cannot be liable for the results of changes or delays affected your original schedule.
Regarding your comfort and unforgettable holiday with Himalayan Mentor (P) Ltd, hereby given most useful information links of the official web page. Please find out all required details by clicking these liked pages and if there is any inconvenience, feel free to write us your valuable suggestions and comments we are very flexible for everything.